Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something Sweet

With Valentines Day fast approaching I saw these sweets and wanted to share them with you.
If you've never used chocolate melts or candy molds here is your chance. It is really easy to do.
picture from Emmaline Bride
I purchase my chocolate at a local candy/cake decorating shop. You can also purchase melts (that's what they are called) at Michael's or other craft stores.
I melt mine in glass pyrex dishes on a warming plate. It is the perfect temperature to keep the chocolate easy to work with. You can purchase molds in just about any shape and size you can imagine. Try a simple one at first.
Spoon your warm chocolate into the molds, add a paper or wooden stick. Or if a plastic spoon will fit in the candy mold it's looks really cute and it can be used in coffee for a touch of mocha! 
Put them in the fridge for just a few minutes and they'll set up quickly.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing. I think my son would LOVE to do this. Perfect project to keep him busy =)

    ReplyDelete