Saturday, June 26, 2010

Red, White and Blue Idea

Do you have big plans for this 4th of July? Whenever one of the patriotic holidays comes around I always want to make something appropriate to go with the theme. Problem is there's not a lot of blue food. I found this idea and thought it would be easy, some what healthy (it's fruit) and works with the holiday.

1. Melt your favorite white chocolate or candy melts for the store craft or cake decorating store
2. Dip the strawberries half way up the strawberry making sure to let the red of the berry show
3. Dip just the tip of the berry in blue crystal sugar. Most cake decorating stores have sugars in almost any color you need
4. Lay them on sheets of parchment paper or wax paper, they only take a few minutes to harden

And there you have it a Red, White and Blue yummy to share with your friends.


Do you have a favorite holiday dish? Tell us about it in a comment or link us to your site.

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it
    ree Shipping now through Sunday at www.BarefootBookNook.com! Extra 20% off if you send me an email for special code! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries! I can't wait to try this out. If I can find strawberries in December, I'm doing this with green sugar crystals. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I didn't know about the different color sugars. Sounds easy enough for me to do! :-) And looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound yum. I try not to use too much food coloring, unlike my twillypop friend that loves to hyper my kids up on the stuff.... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are really cute. Since I live in Canada though, I can just use white sugar and it'll be red and white for Canada Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's your blog luv :)
    I will SO be preparing these yummies with the kids! Thanks for the great (and yummy looking) post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a great idea ... the colours go well for the UK too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! I can't wait to give them a try!
    -Jessica a.k.a Nya's mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look absolutely yummy! Such a cute idea too! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really make me salivate....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. given the blog some love- which sn't hard to do cause it's adorable. Gonna go reat about the twitter stuff later- looks interesting... thanks for sharing your receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! I love choc strawberries or strawberries rolled in sugar, never thought of doing both. and so perfect for 4th of July.

    Stopping by from Friendly Friday, I hope you'll follow me back!

    Kelly
    http://KellysLuckyYou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete