Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sad day...

Yesterday was probably the saddest day of my life, so far...
we had to have my dad placed. It's a very long story we thought he was going to go for 3 days to get acclimated to the surroundings but there was another man who was on his way from Arizona who was going to take the open space, which meant my dad couldn't stay on an open ended stay, so we had to commit him as a permanent patient. So what was suppose to be a 20 minute check in turned into a 6 hour placement. There's a lot more involved, a lot more drama and stress surrounding the whole situation and I'm just sooo tired of talking about it. We can't go see him until Saturday. It's going to be a long 3 days...
I hate alzheimers

8 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you and your family.. Alzheimer is a disease the effects every family member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your situation has completely touched my heart. Thank you for sharing such personal moments with us. Wishing you peace during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, sweetie. I am so sorry. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you are having to go through such a tough time. I use to work in an Alzheimer unit at a care facitlity and it is very difficult. I became so attached to every patient and their families. The facility I worked with had family counceling and I would strongly recommend it if you have it available. There is just so much to deal with and having someone to listen and explain the disease is really helpful. My thoughts are with the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alzheimer's and dementia are heart breaking and affect so many families. My hubby's mom had what they called dementia but it was very much like Alzheimer's, she forget things, places, people. Would become lost just walking around her block. Guess it doesn't matter by what name it goes by it still robs us of the person we once knew. Someday perhaps they'll find a cure or at least a way to prevent it...God be willing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry...I'm new to your site. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have several friends who are going through this. I have so much guilt over my dad who passed away just over a year and a half ago. It is such a long story....
    Do you know if there is a support group of ladies who blog about this? I would love to share it with my friend. XXOO
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for ........everything. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sorry, dear. remember that there are many people thinking of you <3

    ReplyDelete