Monday, April 5, 2010

Ollie the dog

This is Ollie. He was a gift to my daughter from her boyfriend, now husband.
He is a silly little dog that my two daughters and son-in-law treat like a little baby, and the dog loves it.
Lauren was married this past January and everyone wanted Ollie to be in the wedding, everyone except me. Can you tell I'm not a real big dog fan? It's not that I don't like animals it's just that I like animals who know they are animals. I like outside dogs, cats who take care of themselves and that's about it.
Ollie is a high maintenance dog, he has skin issues and has to be given Benadryl twice a day, he has to be groomed professionally, he is on a special diet that can't include beef, chicken or rice.
When they realized that Ollie walking down the aisle was out of the question they decided to include him some how on the wedding invitation. Lauren found a website that makes personal postage stamps so she had stamps made with his image on them. We dressed him up in the wedding colors made a faux wedding cake from donuts that I frosted and we had a photo shoot out in the backyard... 413 pictures later we got this one!





Now I know what you are thinking, how could you not love this dog? He is the cutest thing ever. Well I do have to agree with you he is cute and I have grown kinda fond of him but I draw the line when they try to call me grandma...uh, I don't think so.

Oh yea, did I mention this dog will eat anything? Paper, ribbon, trash and clothing? Yes, clothing (I'm not going into details). He had to have an x-ray last week because he ate something he wasn't suppose to. He is fine now but I don't think he learned any lessons from that terrible ordeal. And who had to hand feed him the only concoction that he would eat, yup me. Like I mentioned he is all better now back to his regular crazy, hyper, spoiled self. Just the way "we" like.
Here are a couple more pictures from the photo shoot.


crazy dog....

8 comments:

  1. My husband and I both have parents that willingly call our dogs the "Granddogs". My MIL even insists on calling herself "Nana".

    I also understand what it's like to experience the doggie stomach aches, too. I have two scenthounds - a Basset/Brittany mix and a Bluetick Coonhound. We just have to remember that just because they have a keen sense of smell doesn't mean they make great nutritional decisions! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. I can NOT believe you wouldn't let Ollie be in the wedding and walk down the aisle! It was your daughter's special day, not yours. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, my first negative posting I guess that makes me a real blogger now :)
    first my daughter was married in the San Gabriel foothills and dogs were not allowed at the venue.
    AND signing in as anonymous if you have something to say stand by it. So I guess it's really shame on YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I have 2 just like Ollie. Yorkies are so darn cute. My little guys do not know they are dogs either. You know what I love most about them? They dont shed. yay... imagine that, a dog that doesnt shed. That must be why I love them so much.

    Anyhow, something that stood out in your post what the Benedryl twice a day. My little guys are 11 years old and I've gone through all of that with them too. One of them actually had so many hot spots that his skin was almost raw and very painful. He even had to see a dermatologist on a regular basis. Then I heard a commercial for Dinovite. I did some reading up on it, and bought some. My guys have never had another skin problem since, they dont have to take any more meds, and they are in excellent health

    Bye the way, those are some nice pics, and Ollie looks mighty happy eating that Donut cake you made for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - I don't think dogs belong at weddings. Some people are fanatical when it comes to their animals - to each their own. We have a little dog that I love to pieces but won't be coming to any weddings. Your pictures are gorgeous, BTW and it was kind of a cute sentiment. Not for me either, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, like animals who know they're animals. Granted, I'm okay with having them indoors from time to time, provided they behave appropriately. Honestly, I prefer to have our (big) dog inside at night and preferably sleeping in the hallway between the bedrooms, especially if my husband is away for his Army drills or something.

    But, yeah, I refuse to have a pet that takes more care than my child(ren)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny! Although I don't totally get people who don't like dogs it is all very understandable. I think the dog is super cute, too bad he has all those issues. I have been lucky to not have to deal with that kind of stuff with my dogs.

    BTW, the dark chocolate almond butter can be found at health food stores :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After taking care of one of our "granddogs" this weekend, we are cleaning house from head to toe - sweeping up hair and mopping up slobber. Yellow Labs evidentally shed 365/24/7. We love him dearly - and he loves us by rubbing himself all over our pant clad legs and sofas, leaving bits of himself. Your pictures are adorable and the idea for a stamp genius! Dogs-you gotta love them:-)

    ReplyDelete