Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Part One of our Etsy Wedding...


So this is part one...
My daughter Lauren was married this past January at Padua Hills Theater in Claremont CA. http://paduahillsrenovation.blogspot.com/  It is a historical site located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Valley, So Cal.
We first learned about Etsy while we were planning and buying and planning and buying...We soon found ourselves spending hour after hour searching for the most special, one of a kind, items to make her day perfect, and it was!
I wanted to say a special thank you to all those who's talents made everything so memorable. I will include all links to their Etsy shops so that hopefully you'll see something you like and you can contact them easily.

At the rehearsal dinner we wanted a fun way to introduce all the players and wanted an easy way for our coordinator to know who was who. We found these adorable pins and had one made for each of the wedding party. They loved them.  Michelle did her best to find all that we needed. Here are just two. They were a big hit.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MichelleAndHerDog



Lauren had gifts she ordered for her attendants from a wedding website but wanted to add a little something else. We found these adorable cosmetic bags that were perfect. She picked a fabric that she felt reflected each of her bridesmaids personalities. They loved them.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FattsMaGee

We had 4 very special little girls in our wedding. Lauren found the perfect dresses but they were sleeveless so she ordered these handmade shrugs. The girls looked so cute and they fit perfectly.  It was great to work with Carolyn on the design and color choice.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CreativeCrochetCraft.



Lauren's Grandmother wanted to give her a special keepsake so we ordered this beaurtiful dress label that had her name and marriage date on it. Our seamstress sewed into the bottom skir of her dress. It was also her something blue. http://www.etsy.com/shop/MondeDesign
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MondeDesign

 
 I have a lot more...jewelry, decor, ring pillows, shrugs...
Check back for Part II
Let me know what you think so far...


10 comments:

  1. Everything is just wonderful. The little girl's dresses are SO cute and the patch (?) is so unique - what a great idea. Thanks for posting the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - the flower girls are so cute -- love their dresses and shrugs!

    Happy to follow you from your Etsy forum thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you in the Etsy forums and thought I'd check out your blog. It's fun to see all "the found on Etsy" wedding items! I wish Etsy had been around when I got married years ago. There are so many wonderful wedding related items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you on the Etsy forums and thought I would take a peak.

    The flower girls and their outfits were adorable! I also loved the pins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautfiul post! It's so amazing that you were able to find so many bits and pieces for her wedding on etsy. I'm looking forward to doing the same for my own future wedding hehe. Looking forward to reading Part II =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is really a neat post!!! Really beautiful and I love the personal touch it adds to a very special day. And those girls are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful wedding. From the attendant gift bags (I <3 those) and everything. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed looking at these wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress label. Wish I had heard about it when my daughter got married 6 years ago. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete