Friday, March 12, 2010

Etsy Wedding Part II

I'm back to share the last installment of what I like to call "Our Etsy Wedding" In my last post I wrote about all the wonderful shop owners that we worked with in all the planning of Lauren's wedding.
I'll again include their Etsy shop home page links so can get right to them.
The wedding took place in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in So. Ca. It's a rustic, California mission style  venue over looking the canyon. So we were going for the "hacienda" look. We wanted something besides rose petals to put on the guests & cake tables along with the centerpieces.
We ordered these from Larkspur Hill. They are
dried chrysanthemums and they were perfect. You can see them scattered around the cake. Loved them!! http://www.etsy.com/shop/pleasanthedges.


We looked all over for the perfect ring pillow and just couldn't find "IT" so we built one. We bought a pillow from Raw Studio it was the perfect shade of green http://www.etsy.com/shop/RawStudio. Then we needed to find flowers or something to go on it (remember this was last years planning and purple was not as easy to find as it is today) we found these adorable ribbon roses from Rose Garden Stitches and with a few stitches of my own had the perfect ring pillow that now is sitting on the living room couch. http://www.etsy.com/shop/RoseGardenStitches


Now for a couple of finishing touches. I loved my dress and you know the MOB sets the tone for the entire wedding party. Just Kidding, I ordered mine from the J.Crew catalog, can't go wrong with J.Crew.
But I got my earrings and necklace from Hampton Jewels they were absolutely perfect. I loved them!!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/hamptonjewels
Now tell me those aren't beautiful!!



And for our last accessory our bride had a strapless dress but even in sunny California you are going to need a little something over your shoulders. The bridesmaids had their cute sweaters, the flower girls had their adorable shrugs so what would the bride wear? Only the most perfect purple shrug from Sweet Knitting, Turkey no less :)
Isn't it adorable? It was so soft and the perfect shade of purple. Ozge was so sweet and a joy to work with. http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetknitting



I think that does it for my Etsy purchases. We had a wonderful year planning the most special day. And I can't express to you, how happy I am that my youngest daughter won't even be close to getting married for another 5-6 years. Do you think if I whisper "Las Vegas, Las Vegas..." in her ear while she's sleeping it might work???

4 comments:

  1. I looooove the ring bearer pillow! I had a look at her store and they're just beautiful =)

    It must have been amazing being able to find so many pieces on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shrugs are very cute! I'm getting married soon and I love the idea of making an "Etsy" wedding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I absolutely love this shrug. So cute and so perfect! I have become a follower and invite you to do the same...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool site! I'm sure the wedding was a ton of fun. The little sweater looks great. I have three daughters and have gone through all the weddings-thank goodness, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world, but like you, after the first two, I was leaning toward a Vegas wedding, too. Thanks for commenting on my blog-cafe lynnylu.

    ReplyDelete